Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Consumed by Self or Loved by Self? :-)

I love the caress of my loose hair on my naked back

I love the blotch of kajal below my eyes after a nap

I love the layer of desire that the gloss adds to my lips

Just as I love the invasion on my tired thoughts of some sleep


When my ear-rings tickle my cheeks, I love it

When the wind blows my hair in my face, I love it

I love it when my eyes look brown in the sun

Just as I love the sprint that ends in a long hug


I love the reflection on my skin of the colour I wear

I love the swaying ways of my dress when we go up the stairs

I love the discovery of a shoe that fits my feet

Just as I love the Goodnighthugs and the Goodmorningkisses


When my voice touches the right notes of the song, I love it

When the scales are inclined to display a recline, I love it

I love it when my mirror and I share compliments

Just as I love the expressions of a word that’s written


I can never really love myself enough

Nor can I enough ever love the world

For when I smile and my world smiles back

I know it doesn’t matter that my hair is curled

2 comments:

pragni said...

Coming from a world, where I have only seen self-hatred, this is refreshing, beautiful and something to yearn for.

I love all these things too, but the hatred for some other things, always scores over the love...

Very well written too! Go baarish!!

Monsoon said...

Pragni - These days, I feel life is smiling at me... But then, I think that it is so perhaps because I am smiling at it too. Honestly, I don't know who smiled first... But now, I do remember to remind myself on one of those days full of self-loathing that I'm forgetting to count my blessings... And that generally helps...

Thanks for the compliment my dear! I miss the blog you built a fence around... but I'm sure you know it's for your best! :-)