Monday, June 1, 2009

For you... Dear Thread

(Something I wrote almost 10 months ago... A lot has changed... A lot hasn't)


I was trapped inside myself.
You became my one thread to the world.


I was cold and shivering.
You became my yarn.


I was parched and the well deep.
You became my rope.


I ached to hear the music of joy.
You became my strings.


I lay in the darkest of nights.
You became my wick.


I knew no directions, nor the path.
You became my halter.


I am foolish maybe… that I have picked the scissors.
But do know, my dear Thread, that as I cut you off
I cut away my World.

Perhaps I need to, perhaps I don’t.
But oh dear Thread, do know, that I must become
All that you became for me.
I must become my own yarn and rope
My own strings, wick, my own halter
And it is only then, dear Thread, that it would make
For a good Knot.


Today, however, will remain a sad day
Because I’ve cut away my World.
Because when I was trapped inside myself
You were my one thread to the world.
In many ways, you WERE the world.

No comments: